No products in the cart.
VMware Workstation 15 Pro (30 Min Email Delivery)
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
VMware Workstation 15 Pro
(30 Min Email Delivery)
VMware Workstation 15 Pro
About VMware Workstation Pro
VMware Workstation Pro™ enables technical professionals to develop, test, demonstrate, and deploy software by running multiple x86-based Windows, Linux, and other operating systems simultaneously on the same PC.
You can replicate server, desktop, and tablet environments in a virtual machine and allocate multiple processor cores, gigabytes of main memory and graphics memory to each virtual machine, whether the virtual machine resides on a personal PC or on a private enterprise cloud.
For more information, see the VMware Workstation Pro documentation.
Systems using Processors (CPUs) launched in 2011 or later are supported, except for the following:
- Intel Atom processors based on the 2011 Bonnell micro-architecture. For example, Atom Z670/Z650 and Atom N570.
- Systems using Intel Atom processors based on the 2012 Saltwell micro-architecture. For example, Atom S1200, Atom D2700/D2500, and Atom N2800/N2600.
- Systems using AMD processors based on the Llano and Bobcat micro-architectures. For example, code-named Hondo, Ontario, Zacate, and Llano.
The following systems are also supported: Systems using Intel processors based on the 2010 Westmere micro-architecture. For example, Xeon 5600, Xeon 3600, Core i7-970, Core i7-980, and Core i7-990.
The following support is new in Workstation 15 Pro:
- New Guest operating systems support
- Windows 10 1803
- Ubuntu 18.04
- Fedora 28
- RHEL 7.5
- CentOS 7.5
- Debian 9.5
- OpenSuse Leap 15.0
- FreeBSD 11.2
- ESXi 6.7
- DirectX 10.1
DirectX 10.1 is an incremental update over DirectX 10.0. It provides higher visual quality through the support of multi-sample anti-aliasing (MSAA). DirectX 10.1 also supports Shader Model 4.1 and Cubemap Array.
- Hardware version 16
- DirectX 10.1 support
- Graphics memory up to 3GB
- REST API
You can use Workstation RESTful API to automate common virtual machine tasks using standard JSON over HTTP or HTTPS. The following virtual machine operations are supported:
- Virtual machine inventory management
- Virtual machine power management
- Virtual machine clone
- Networking management
- High DPI support
High DPI related features require that the operating system of the host and virtual machine be Windows 10 version 1703 or later.
- Host level high DPI support – The Workstation interface auto detects the host level DPI change and auto adjusts the layout to meet the new DPI.
- Guest DPI synch with host – When there is a DPI change on the host side, the guest operating system adjusts its DPI to match the host DPI.
VMware Tools 10.3.2 is required for this feature.
- Hosts and Clusters view when you connect to vCenter
Workstation 15 Pro adds a new Hosts and Clusters view when you connect to remote vSphere. The inventory tree now shows a hierarchical arrangement of objects in two different views: Hosts and Clusters and VMs. You can easily toggle between these two views with a single click.This is a Windows host only feature.
- vSphere 6.7 support
Workstation 15 Pro provides seamless support for vSphere 6.7. You can connect to a remote ESXi 6.7 host or vCenter Server 6.7 from Workstation 15 Pro to manage the remote the virtual machines running on vSphere. You can also upload a local virtual machine to vSphere 6.7 or download a remote virtual machine running on vSphere 6.7 to the local desktop.You can also deploy a VMware VCSA 6.7 (vCenter Server Appliance) OVA package to run on Workstation 15 Pro.
- USB Auto connect to virtual machine
USB devices can automatically connect to a powered on virtual machine when you configure Workstation 15 Pro to remember the connection rule.This is a Windows host only feature.
- SSH login to Linux virtual machine
You can now access Linux virtual machines using SSH provided by Workstation 15 Pro.
This feature requires that the operating system of the host be Windows 10 version 1803 or later.
- Enhanced User Experience
- Stretch guest display
The stretch guest display feature is enabled for Linux guests and Windows guests earlier than Windows XP. You can use the Keep Aspect Ratio Stretch feature to stretch the virtual machine display while maintaining the user interface aspect ratio or you can use the Free Stretch feature to stretch the virtual machine display to fill the user interface.This is a Windows host only feature.
- Open virtual machine directory
You can now easily access the virtual machine directory from a Windows host by right-clicking the virtual machine in the Workstation Pro library and selecting Open VM directory.Linux Workstation Pro already supports this feature.
- Stretch guest display
- Linux host Wayland support
Workstation 15 Pro can now run on a Linux host Wayland desktop. To install Workstation Pro on a Wayland desktop, you must use terminal mode installation.
- Performance improvements for virtual NVMe storage